Fund accounting integrated with the rest of your business
- Waste much time moving data from one system to another?
- Hacking together tools that don’t really meet your needs?
- Have odd data requirements to make it all work?
Let’s resolve all that with a true fund accounting system built specifically for community foundations.
CommunitySuite was built from the ground up by working hand in hand with a local community foundation. It was designed to solve the every day, every month, every year problems they encountered. The result is a web based solution that meets the unique accounting requirements for:
- donor advised funds
- agency funds
- fiscal sponsorships
- restricted funds
- unrestricted funds
- and other entities
All in the same system!
Because CommunitySuite is fully integrated with core community foundation operations, you can stop duplicating data and focus on strategic impact for your community.
- Automatically allocate gains and losses from investments across your funds upon receipt of investment statements – more frequently with an easy system.
- Provide donors access to an accurate, up-to-date view of their account through their own online portal.
- Support many fee structures for funds with checks and balances via extensive permissions in the accounting system.
- Authorize certain users for data entry, others to post transactions, and others (like auditors and board members) to have read-only access.
Because the accounting system is integrated with the rest of the organization, much of the data entry is automatically performed as people simply use the system. For example, when a credit card donation is processed, a new donor is created and the funds and fees all flow to the proper accounts.
What if your finance team wasn’t stretched to the max with tedious daily tasks?
Now you can provide anytime, anywhere web based access to the data and release the binds of time spent on unnecessary data entry, struggling to run ad hoc reports and policing data coming from too many sources.
To close the month takes me just a couple days using CommunitySuite. It used to take at least two weeks! And our auditors really like being able to have access to the software to see our attached documentation. It helped speed up their work a lot.
—Joan Consani, Director of Finance, Blue Mountain Community Foundation