An integrated software solution designed for foundations with fund-accounting needs.
Foundant for Community Foundations
Community and Faith-based Foundations bring together resources from individuals, families, and organizations to improve the lives of all. Investing in the right systems for your organization means ROI beyond dollar signs. Put the systems in place to effectively manage operations so you have the capacity to break down silos, grow programs, build your teams, and impact your constituents.
For organizations with fund accounting needs, Foundant’s CommunitySuite offers a straightforward and user-friendly accounting and CRM system supported by responsive philanthropy experts. With the addition of Grant and Scholarship solutions, we offer comprehensive end-to-end tools for community and faith-based foundations. Our focus is on helping you to create connection—between your constituents and your mission, between the functional areas of your organization, between your users and our support team, and across the community of Foundant clients.
Ready to see how CommunitySuite can help your organization?
An intuitive system built specifically for foundations with fund-accounting needs. Because CommunitySuite is fully integrated with the core operations of your community or faith-based foundation, you can stop duplicating data and focus on strategic impact for your community.
- Allocate gains and losses from investments across your funds upon receipt of investment statements.
- Support many fee structures for funds with checks and balances via extensive permissions in the accounting system.
- Authorize certain users for data entry, others to post transactions, and others (like auditors and board members) to have read-only access.
With Foundant CommunitySuite, data in your donor portal is directly tied to your accounting system, so you and your donors always have the most up-to-date information. Donor advised fund holders can see a history of their giving, make new gifts to past recipients, and utilize our integration with GuideStar to search for potential new grantees.
Invest in your donors. Allow your donors to:
- Access their account to see balances
- Review fund statements
- Recommend grants
- See a real-time view of their account activities
Streamline the way your community foundation interacts with the public allowing them to easily donate to a fund, find a grant in the grants catalog and purchase event tickets. The Online Donations Portal makes it easy to engage a larger population whose smaller donations can add up over time. Integration with a leading credit card processor provides CommunitySuite users a sophisticated solution for accepting credit card donations.
- Leverage unrestricted funds by allowing fund holders and community members to participate in the funding of your unfunded or underfunded grant requests.
- Educate the community around social issues by creating a catalog of nonprofit needs while offering them an easy, online credit card interface to give in minutes.
- Instantly create funds and online donor pages to respond to disasters and other urgent community needs.
Connecting donors with one another and with nonprofits is an important objective. Run events, manage giving campaigns, and track results – without data entry. Free up your staff’s time by eliminating the numerous activities associated with managing attendance, registration, payments, accounting, and tracking event expenses. CommunitySuite will help you streamline many of the laborious tasks that come with planning events. Powerful, convenient and efficient events management:
- Seamless registration, payment, and accounting for what is “charitable” and what is direct “cost” of the event. Plus the system automatically creates tax receipts for ticket purchasers.
- Ability to track all expenses and revenue associated with an event or campaign to clearly see if all the work is worth the effort.
- Create invitation lists based on the interests and activities of donors and potential donors.
- Easily export lists to systems like ConstantContact, MailChimp, or other email management tools.
Designed for community foundations our Community Relationship Management can quickly pull up a donor or grantee profile for a complete snapshot of the relationship as well as keep track of their relationships within the community.
- Create detailed contact profiles for all donors and potential donors and track complete donation history across all donors.
- Manage relationships between donors. Example: A board member at a grantee organization is also an individual donor to the community foundation, and has a relationship with a local accountant.
- Create household profiles to link family members together and market to family members individually or as a household.
- Create invitation or campaign target lists based on the interests, activities, and relationships of donors and potential donors.
- Showcase the online donor portal to create additional incentive for donors to establish funds with the foundation.
Move your grantmaking from tactical to strategic with CommunityGLM.
We know the grant process is filled with tactical, sometimes tedious tasks. Let online grants management make your process easier.
- Create customized online forms and workflows for grant programs.
- Simplify application requirements and run due diligence checks through integrations with Candid and GreatNonprofits.
- Integrate grant, payment, and contact information with CommunitySuite to save staff time on data entry and to prevent error.
- Create saved reports on any data point in CommunityGLM to share the story of your granting impact.
CommunitySLM provides a scholarship application, review, and decision process integrated directly into your fund accounting and CRM system. Having an integrated solution let’s our software do the heavy lifting, creates better processes and eliminates paper copies and spreadsheets to save time for all stakeholders, making scholarships profitable again.
- Universal Application allows students to apply for multiple scholarships with a single application submission; or, if your scholarships each require unique applications, use tools such as an Eligibility Quiz or Copy Application to save students time.
- Integrate scholarship, payment, and contact information with CommunitySuite, saving staff data entry time and eliminating potential for human error.
- Create saved reports on any data point to tell the story of your impact.