Designed specifically for place-based, faith-based, and other community foundations, CommunitySuite manages your fund accounting, CRM, and events in one integrated, easy-to-use, cloud-based solution. Put a single system in place to more effectively manage operations so you have the capacity to break down silos, build relationships, and maximize your impact.
CommunitySuite is fully integrated with your core operations, enabling you to stop duplicating data and free up more time to focus on strategic impact for your community. Robust features designed specifically for community foundations enable you to:
- Assess administration fees to support your unique fee structures.
- Easily create accurate fund statements.
- Provide donor access through the Donor Portal.
- Allocate investment activity across your funds upon receipt of investment statements.
- Manage spending policy distributions and create multiple distribution types to align with your foundation’s spending policy.
- Transfer balances between accounts and funds to manage cash within the system.
- Manage grant and scholarship accounting.
- Prepare 990 and other foundation-specific reporting.
- View financial reporting by multiple fund types.
- Assign permissions to specify the tasks users can perform (i.e., view information, enter data, post transactions) and the features users can access.
Learn more about Fund Accounting
With CommunitySuite, data in your Donor Portal is tied directly to your accounting system, so you and your donors always have the most up-to-date information. Fund advisors can see their giving history, make new gifts to past recipients, and utilize our integration with Candid to search for potential new grantees. Your staff can also log in to access this fund advisor view, making it easy to answer questions and truly be on the same page. Invest in your donors and allow them to:
- Access their fund to see balances.
- Review fund statements and other shared documents, including tax receipts for donations.
- Recommend grants.
- See a real-time view of their account activities.
Learn more about the Donor Portal
Streamline the way your community foundation interacts with the public by allowing them to easily donate to a fund, find a grant in the grants catalog, and purchase event tickets. The Online Donations module makes it easy to engage a larger population whose smaller donations can add up over time. Integration with a leading credit card processor provides CommunitySuite users with a sophisticated solution for accepting credit card donations.
- Increase opportunities for donors to support your unfunded or underfunded grant requests.
- Educate the community around social issues and community needs by creating and sharing a catalog of nonprofit needs.
- Instantly create funds and online donation pages to respond to disasters and other urgent community needs.
- Provide affiliates, parishes, and supporting organizations with access to real-time information.
Learn more about Online Donations
Connecting donors with one another and with nonprofits is an important objective. Run events, manage giving campaigns, and track results—without data entry. Free up your staff’s time by eliminating the numerous activities associated with managing registration, attendance, sponsorships, menu choices, and tracking event expenses. CommunitySuite will help you streamline many of the laborious tasks that come with planning events. Discover powerful, convenient, and efficient events management with functionality that enables you to:
- Create seamless registration, payment, and accounting for what is “charitable” and the “ticket value” of the event. Plus, the system automatically creates tax receipts for ticket purchasers.
- Track all expenses and revenues, including sponsorships associated with an event or campaign, to evaluate if all the work is worth the effort.
- Create invitation lists based on the interests and activities of donors and potential donors.
- Easily export lists to systems like Constant Contact, MailChimp, or other email management tools.
Learn more about Events Management
Pull up a donor or grantee profile for a complete snapshot of their constituent journey, as well as their relationships within the community. Having one integrated system means profiles are updated with donation and grant information at the same time the data is posted to your accounts and funds.
- Create detailed contact profiles for all donors and potential donors, and track complete donation history across each.
- Manage relationships between donors. Example: A board member at a grantee organization is also an individual donor to the community foundation, and has a relationship with a local accountant.
- Create household profiles to link family members together, and market to family members individually or as a household.
- Create invitation or campaign target lists based on the interests, activities, and relationships of donors and potential donors.
- Easily find profiles with the global search function and filter lists based on profile information.
- Efficiently track moves management with the Opportunities feature.
Learn more about CRM
Foundant has been providing community foundations with online grants management for over 10 years. Our clients appreciate the CommunityGLM solution for its unique combination of ease of use, reliability, and power.
As another Foundant flagship solution, CommunitySLM has been put through the paces in community foundations for over 10 years. Save significant time by integrating the online application, review, and decision process into your accounting system.
To close the month takes me just a couple days using CommunitySuite. It used to take at least two weeks! And our auditors really like being able to have access to the software to see our attached documentation. It helped speed up their work a lot.
-Joan Consani, Blue Mountain Community Foundation
Save time with tailored report templates specific to the needs of community foundations.
Capture and report on information unique to your organization with Custom Fields.
Service and Support
Our team is obsessed with client success and delivering an exceptional user experience. From the beginning, Foundant has honored a commitment to be more than a software vendor to our clients—we strive to exceed your expectations and build a partnership based on trust, transparency, empathy, and accountability.
Foundant enables your organization’s long-term success by providing:
- Data migration to ease your transition
- Onboarding, ongoing training, learning resources for all
- Dedicated Client Success Team
- Unlimited email, phone, and chat support
- Peer-to-peer idea sharing and collaboration through Compass, Foundant’s online community.