Does scholarship season seem like stress season?
Dealing with a deluge of scholarship applications, frustrated school counselors, stressed out parents, and confused students used to be the norm during scholarship season at most community foundations. We’re here to help. CommunitySuite’s integrated CommunityScholarships module has been providing community foundations with online scholarships management for over 10 years.
With CommunityScholarships, much of the process can be streamlined, better organized and in some cases even automated. With the application, review, and decision process integrated into your fund accounting system, your entire organization can feel relief.
Armed with the proper tools, your team can work with school counselors and selection committees knowing that the most worthy students are benefiting from the scholarships you are providing.
Handling the load of your scholarship season
- Create forms and workflows for each of the scholarship opportunities you manage.
- Allow students to easily apply for multiple opportunities with copying functionality.
- Eligibility Quiz to automatically match your applicants to the correct scholarships based on your criteria.
- Gather letters of reference or transcripts within the system and automatically link them to the application.
- Keep applicants on track with their scholarship reporting requirements with automated email reminders and online reporting forms.
- Create saved reports on any data point in CommunityScholarships to tell the story of your impact back to donors and the community.
- Sync scholarship, payment, and contact information with the accounting system saving staff data entry time and eliminating potential for human error.
Scholarships do not need to be a losing proposition for community foundations
Believe it or not, many community foundations have made scholarships profitable for their foundation by using technology to create better processes and eliminate paper copies and spreadsheets – letting the software do the heavy lifting.
With CommunityScholarships, you will never need to allocate an entire room for sorting applications ever again.
The scholarships are a really nice feature because it’s easy to look at the historical data for each scholarship, but then also once the grantee, the school, is in there it just makes the processing on the scholarships that much easier. We can easily schedule the payment if they need to go out later in the fiscal year.
— Shaine Schramling, Funds and Grants Administrator, Kitsap Community Foundation